$PR in soft transform not accessible

Just curious, what are you looking to use $PT for, in Soft Xform? At the moment, I can't think of why I'd want some sort of per-point-variation soft transform, and not just use a VOP.

I'm not saying you're wrong to want it; it's possible there are good alternatives to get the same functionality, or it could be something that's just been overlooked in development. If a bug/RFE hasn't been filed, it's especially likely to be overlooked (as active as developers are on the forums, they aren't able to see/address/remember everything).

Hi Chris,

I have a setup with bunch of merged curves as input. Per curve (primitive) I have a soft transform radius encoded as primitive attribute.

Now in the soft xform I wanted to read per-prim radius and apply to the points of merged curves.

I can't do ForEach because before feeding into soft xform I am connecting the curves at their intersections, and ForEach somehow destroys those connections.

So, I tried to do, prim(opinputpath(".", 0), $PR, "radius", 0)

This failed due to $PR not available to soft xform.

However if I used whatever primitive number 0,1, 2..., it works fine but applies that radius to all the prims.

In the end, I ended up doing soft xform before connecting the curves which worked for my purpose.

Thanks