Remove Pyro Streaks

tielax11

How would I remove the long streaks at the end of the flame of a pyro sim? I want there to be a harsh cut off between the body of the flame and the long streaks that extend from it, and this making my whole simulation more box like than long if that makes sense. I have been messing around with the flame height and remap heat cool field curve, along with cooling rate but I can't seem to get the effect that I want to. 

Attached is a snapshot of my pyro playblast along with the reference that I am trying to match it too. The red outline is what I consider the "body" of the flame and the green ones the "streaks" coming out of it which I want to remove. Please offer your suggestions on how to solve this problem. 

Playblast

qlh0AVW.png

Reference

75qlz22.png

I bet what you're looking for is in your Combustion or Shape tab in your Pyro Solver.

Maybe turn up your dissipation? Maybe turn off your shredding?

It could also be a comp thing. Try rendering out a frame and going to town with your colors and alpha.

You can clip these areas when rendering. Got to Pyro Shader -> Fire Tab ->Density Tab -> Field Shape

Now change ramp interval min value to set the area where the shader will start to show the fire. This may change the overall look of the fire, so you may instead add another ramp point and use the first point to clip the areas with small heat(temperature) value.

• Like 1

Best Solution

You can clip these areas when rendering. Got to Pyro Shader -> Fire Tab ->Density Tab -> Field Shape

Now change ramp interval min value to set the area where the shader will start to show the fire. This may change the overall look of the fire, so you may instead add another ramp point and use the first point to clip the areas with small heat(temperature) value.

I found I think the best solution. I created a sink object and used it to reduce the heat, so where ever the object is there are no flames. This gave me the ability to sculpt the flames how I want to. Still working with it though, lot of work to do. 

• Like 1