saving a current houdini session

slade

I need some help here you guys, My current houdini session is not displaying the gui :( , but its running, I guess the question to you guys is there a way to save my current seesion via the shell ? And the hipnc file is not save at all :(

can you open up the textport in your session? (im assuming not but it's worth a shot)...

if so, mwrite is what you're looking for..

or if you can get houdini to crash and close, it will prob save a backup in your documents and settings folder under your username.

I often run Houdini on 2000 which does what you're discribing, I've found that it usually means there's either another houdini running or an Mplay runnning, either can be killed with the Task Manager. Kill'm then try loading your scene (if that's the problem).

13593[/snapback]

You're Right every time a do a flip book or Have Mplay running the Houdini gui would suffer a brain fart , Killing the MPlay process does work.

Thank you guys for all your help, as I know for next time :D

P.S Is there a way in houdini to turn on automatic save or incremental save ?

yea, in main prefs/misc.

you have three choices for when you save:

override

increment

numbered backup

as well as a seperate timed autosave feature, with the same three choices.. set your method and time limit. then under your settings menu at the bottom, make sure Auto Save is checked off..

hth,

dave