Houdini 7 instability on WinXp Pro

RenatoT

hi all, i have some probs with houdini 7 and Xp.

when i use Help, houdini crash frequently.. when i do a search or other things.. and other probs is when i close IP windows.

I saw in Drwatson that maybe a Ntdll.dll

Anyone have this probs?

the HIP saved when crash is always unreadable.

:(

thanks All

Renato T.

The next update should have these problems fixed.

In the meantime, if you own a network card (like most ppl do these days), you can bypass the stability problems by starting up the Houdini License Administrator. Making sure you don't have any Houdini sessions open, choose from the menu, File > Change License Server. Turn off "Use Standalone Mode". Click on Ok and close the License Administrator. Now things should be better. If you don't have a network card, it's probably best to wait until the next beta update.

The unisolate message is fixed but it's harmless anyhow so you can just ignore it for now.

Cheers! :)

thanks Edward :D, seem to be good and i have a net card.

now i have a question. When i render with mantra -n 2 , i have P4 ht but with -n 2 option the cpu is always at 50%.

Maybe that i need special license to use HT tecnology? :(

best regards

Renato T.

ps. what settings i must use to run fine houdini on quadro Fx 700 card?

There are a lots of applications but there is not Houdini (named on certified apps on nvidia) :rolleyes:

If you're using apprentice, mantra will only use 1 CPU to render (appr restriction). If you only have 1 CPU with HT, then honestly, you're not missing out on much at all (maybe a ~10% speed improvement). HT isn't nearly as wonderous as Intel is touting, though it does help out a bit sometimes.

If you're not using apprentice, then I have no idea :)

If you're using apprentice, mantra will only use 1 CPU to render (appr restriction). If you only have 1 CPU with HT, then honestly, you're not missing out on much at all (maybe a ~10% speed improvement). HT isn't nearly as wonderous as Intel is touting, though it does help out a bit sometimes.

If you're not using apprentice, then I have no idea :)

13639[/snapback]

i'm using non commercial edition.

The probs with Ip was fixed by Edward help ;)

thanks all