Possible? When Attribute = X, do this...

Hey guys,

I have a question and im not sure if the answer applies to Vops or expressions or something else but...

Say i have a simple box scattered and a sphere passing through it transfering an attribute with a value of 1 to the points it touches.

is it possible to have an expression or something that goes like... when this attribute (on a perpoint bases = 1) then subtract 0.1 per frame from that attribute from then on ?

I appreciate any help! thank you

Yes, but because the current value relies on the previous frame, you must "simulate" it:

In a Solver SOP, use a Group SOP to add the points to a point group with Expression doing your condition, and then in another SOP, subtract 0.1 from the attrib for any points in that Group.

Thanks for the reply Jason.

That is exactly what im looking for i just have a couple questions on that

say the point gets added to the group on frame X how can i make it start subtracting on that frame X and each point having a different "frame x" where its going down.

EDIT: I assume a forEach Sop would work but if i were to do -0.1*F if this happened on the 75 frame it would subtract 7.5 instantly. how can i do -0.1 every frame and not 0.1* Frame.

Edited by rolfcoppter