Can you attribute promote a list of values?

Spaz8

So I was using a measure sop to get the area of a bunch of polys. Which creates the prim attribute "area".

What I wanted to do was use the area value of each prim to drive its depth scale in the "extrude" sop. Seems simple enough except the extrude sop does not recognize $PR as a local variable :(  ie.  prim("../measure3", $PR, "area", 0).

I though ok, I'll promote the area prim attribute to a detail or point attribute, but I could not find a promotion method that did not just give me one value.

* Is there a way to actually use the "extrude" sop to do this? my question is purely academic but I would like to know the "proper" way, it seems like I got lucky that the polyextrude was an option.

I eventually solved the issue by using the polyextrude sop which does recognize $PR.

Cool, thanks. The foreach crossed my mind but seemed Like I must me missing something.

I am guessing if I wanted to "translate" each prim a separate amount (by the area attribute of each prim) I would need to do the same? 

I was not able to just copy paste relative ref in the "T.z" field of the Xtransform sop, and the prim expression gets me no where either. I can only get global translation when using prim("../measure3", $PR, "area", 0) .. if i swap out the $PR for a number then everything moves by that one prim's area value. 

Edited by Spaz8