Apprentice Installation with Educational License?

I am trying to setup a rendering pipeline on some remote machines.  We have Houdini Educational with Non-Commercial Rendering licenses.  On the local network, we are able to render without restrictions and watermarks.  We were able to get a license to allow us to render on the other network.  My question is, does the watermark and render resolution restrictions come from ONLY the license being used or is there something in the actual installation files?

I did some test renders on a local machine and a remote machine using the SAME license.  Local machine gave an HD image without watermark.  Remote machine gave a lo-res image with the "Houdini 3D Animation Tools" watermark.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

As far as I know all of the Houdini installs are the same. It's the license server that handles the licensing or lack of licensing. The machine spitting back images that have a water mark probably isn't looking at the right license server or someone installed it improperly and setup a Apprentice license on that machine (which renders with a water mark). Just change the license server on the render slave to point to the one with the educational render licenses and it should render images without the watermark.

Edited by lukeiamyourfather

The licenses we have are Non-Commercial Renderer, the educational version.  While rendering, I watched "hkey" to see which licenses were used and both the local and remote renders used the same type of license.

On the remote host, I use "hserver -S ..." to set the license server and it is able to locate it fine.

• 2 months later...

A quick update:

The Houdini-Education license, though not explicitly used by the render machine, must be seen by the render machine. (ie. allowable IP subnet mask).  The Render-NonCommercial licenses were accessible by the render machine, but the Education license was not.  Because of this, mantra assumed it was a regular apprentice non-commercial license, thus the watermark and lower resolution.