Paint color by object

Juzwa

Hi, 

I'm having problems with activating/disactivating my constraints in the bullet sim. This will explain the problem:

kbdzfYD.gif

bhyevhb.gif

I'm using just an attribute transfer SOP. But you can see that thats not how the constraints should work.

I'd like the points I'm painting to stay in the color I painted them with attribute transfer.

So I played with creating a new attribute 'make_active' and then to make the attribute transfer run over on some value on the 'make_active' attribute. 

However I can't make anything working, I'm not that fluent in Houdini.

How can this be done?

I have looked into solver sop, and managed to do a simple scene. 

I want to transfer the color information (green) onto the 'activated' parameter. I have no idea why setAttribute does not work, even when i just set it to some constant.

setAttr.hipnc

Edited by Juzwa

Right now you don't provide enough information for set attribute to work. 

Use Bind Export instead. Or you can instead use wrangle node - much faster to set up.

i@activated = 0;
if(v@Cd.x == 1){
    i@activated = 1;}

Oh, and you don't have to transfer colors and convert them to another attribute - you can transfer "activated" attribute directly.

To keep the attributes to the next frame switch the first input with the "Prev_frame" instead of "Input_1".