HQueue is getting annoying

Hi, 

Every day I believe I spend about 1-2h a day trying to send jobs properly to HQueue.

I dont know if it's just a nature of HQueue, or maybe taht the pipeline for H where I work has not been developed yet.

I can't find the rule how it's working, but thats how it looks like:

Very often I get very strange resaults on my sims (ones that were calculated via HQueue). It looks like that HQueue is using some old (kept somewhere is the disc maybe?) files ? Just like HQueue render node has blocked itself and is keeping sending the same job, no matter what. And sometimes I just get an empty (sim) files...

When I sim locally everything is ok, but when it comes to HQueue... I'm not lying, but 50% of the jobs are completely %$^#^^!

And as I said every day I'm spending tons of time trying just to send the job on the HQueue properly, which is driving me crazy right now, because I can't sim locally!

Any advice? Did anyone had the same issues? Because it looks like I'm the only one in the complany that is having that strange issues.

Are you certain that everything in your scene file uses scene-file-relative paths (and of course whatever files they're referencing are located on the network share)?  If there's a disparity between a local and hqueue render, it sounds likely that somewhere you're referencing a local file, or a network file with an absolute path, rather than specifying paths as "$HIP/something/something"

Hi, 

I'm not using any local paths. Howeven now that u mention that I seem to remember strange behaviour with the $HIP path. It tends to change very often, sometimes it's the full path, sometimes it's just the path to the disc, and I'vbe even seen a double path.

Than it would be a pipeline issue?

Not sure if it's relevant but you can RMB on a path name sometime and get Expand Path /Simplify Path. Perhaps that is why see the full path sometimes.

post-8321-0-88860600-1426285424.png

Also, you'll want to make sure $JOB is properly set (in addition to $HIP) with the same tip Marty shared; and make sure your shared folder is seen by all machines, and your folder permissions are setup correctly so that hquser/yourself can read/write. My HQ experience has only been on Linux, but permissions were the culprit almost every time when jobs were erroring out. Or I was pointed to the wrong ROP in my HQ Submit.

Hi, 

I'm not using any local paths. Howeven now that u mention that I seem to remember strange behaviour with the $HIP path. It tends to change very often, sometimes it's the full path, sometimes it's just the path to the disc, and I'vbe even seen a double path.

Than it would be a pipeline issue?

THIS!  I am using relative paths in my huodini scene files.  When I open the file browser next to the path I see, at the top, in red, $HIP/$HIP/my_path/etc...  Is there a fix for this?  It's got me stopped in my tracks.  

I'm also seeing it where the first $HIP is expanded to an explicit path, e.g.:

C:\Users\john...\$HIP\my_path\etc...

This is driving me crazy!  Help!

Edited by johnLIC