rendering motion vector as color plane

misterbil

Hello,

Sorry if this has been covered in an older post (if so, can someone point it to me).

I'm rendering a few extra image plane (C, A, z-depth, motion vector ) but I would like to export them all as separate image sequences.

Have one sequence of image with RGBA

one sequence with the motion vecot as RGB

is there a mask channel node? convert channel? convert image plane?

I tried using the channelcopy cop with the target as the rgb and the source as the motion vector, with no result.

I can't unfortunatly post the scene file.

I'll try to repro it at home and post something later.

any info would be appreciate.

bil

Hi Matt,

thanks for your reply and sorry if I sound dumb, but which node are you refering to?

the file node in COP?

The mantra node in the output?

I also looked in the documentation and all I could find was in the mantra node documentation ... unfortunatly, when you open houdini and put down a mantra node that check box don't exist ... or at least I coulden't find it.

But that would not help me anyway. I export my images from Maya (via mental ray). 

here is what I have:

in my COP context I added a file cop and a copychannel. but the only thing I can see as a result is the C (rgb) plane.

it works with other plane

chaqnnelCopy.JPG

what I see before AND after,

Color.JPG

what I should see, even when I select C after the ChannelCopy cop...

mv.JPG

any idea?

Is it a naming issue? my channel's name seems to have column (" : ") (trying NOT to make a emoticon here)

thanks

Ahh, it's a bit of black magic. The toggle only appears once you type in an image name for the main render; if you leave it as 'ip', the option is hidden. Easier to see in this animated gif (click to play):

post-7292-0-96507800-1427249165_thumb.gi

Still doesn't answer your COP question though, sorry!

Edited by mestela

wow! that is voodoo magic! I would have been less surprised if you have told me to sacrifice a goat or run around the office naked covered in peanut butter !! :)

But thanks a lot for your reply, it's greatly appreciate!

I'll continue to investigate and see if I can figure it out, otherwise I'll see if I can import the animation and try to render the velocity information to the RGB channel.

Had a look, seems cops doesn't like that image. I suspect its the channel names, they look a little messed up. Djv also has problems loading the motion layer. Nuke loaded it ok.

In nuke I renamed the layers to mv (as 3 channels, so mv,r, mv.g, mv.b ) , and depth (as depth.z), and wrote out a clean exr. That loads into cops fine.

Attached it if you wanna take a look.

cop_clean.zip

Edited by mestela