Sign in to follow this  
Guest xionmark

Advanced prman code for VEX

Guest xionmark

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had already gone through the excercise of converting the various shaders included with the "Advanced RenderMan" book to VEX. I looked around od[force] but didn't see anything.

If it hasn't already been posted would anyone like to have these available for VEX?

--Mark

Guest xionmark
I thought someone had...

it's would be a nice idea though....

it would complement:

http://www.odforce.net/happy_rendering_with_vex/

14145[/snapback]

Yes, those are good examples. I was thinking of all the various functions and such that came included with the book (of course credit will be given to the authors).

--Mark

Yes, those are good examples.  I was thinking of all the various functions and such that came included with the book (of course credit will be given to the authors).

--Mark

14165[/snapback]

There are some snappy functions donated by Mario Marengo on the Wiki - take a look there. It would be good to add these to wikiMath functions...

You might find some nice VEX stuff in voplib.h file in the Houdini dist - functions like pulsetrain and so on..

Guest xionmark
There are some snappy functions donated by Mario Marengo on the Wiki - take a look there. It would be good to add these to wikiMath functions...

Yea, I've poured over much of it and love it! Can't wait for more on Houdini matrices (hint hint). :P

You might find some nice VEX stuff in voplib.h file in the Houdini dist - functions like pulsetrain and so on..

14166[/snapback]

Wow! I haven't seen this! Thanks Jason! :)

There's some tasty little nuggets in there!

--Mark