Uniquifying UV Faces? (Non-Sticky Neighbors)

Atom

Hi All,

I am trying to make non-sticky UVs. Lay down a grid followed by a UV Texture then a UV Edit. With the UV Edit active select a face and move it along the X axis in the UV viewport. The four points of the face do indeed move but they drag along the faces of the neighbors vertices as well. I don't want this effect. I want each face in the UV map to be an independent 4 point entity that is not connected to a neighbor. I want to be able to move a UV box anywhere on the image and not be related to any other faces.

I am still learning Houdini UVs. I wonder if I want each face to be an island...? Not sure of the terminology here.

post-12295-0-90647500-1428893036_thumb.j

Is there a node that can already do this or does it have to be done in a FOREACH for example?

Edited by Atom

Thanks Marty I'll try that. What I wanted all along was the UV Transform instead of the UV Edit. I am happy with the shape of the UVs, just not their location. The UV Transform seems to be what I am looking for. I think Unique Points on the geometry might cause the faces to disconnect when I displace (which I realize I did not mention was a requirement earlier). I still want the faces to stretch.

Edited by Atom

Dan, care to clarify? I notice that depending upon what projection type I use the UV coordinates appear in different columns in the Geometry Sheet (i.e. Primitives or Points). Is this what you are talking about? Should I use an Attribute Promote to always shift them to Points with the Delete Originals turned on?

You make sure your UVs are created as vertex UVs, so if you are using a UV Texture, set it there (setting it to automatic, may create them as point attributes)

Otherwise use a promote SOP and promote the point uv attribute to vertex before the editing phase.

Basically Houdini Points are a collection of all vertices that are connected to the point in their respective primivites

• Like 1