Falling Bag with Cloth

Yanana

Hi,

I'm trying to make a plastic bag that's falling. The first time I tried a while ago it worked by just having an initial force to disturb it a little bit, but now I can't seem to achieve the same effect. I've tried with a wind force with high frequency as well, but it still falls like a paper and keeps it's original shape instead of having a nice flow like a paper bag would. 

How should I approach this? Should I try working with a velocity field? Is my model causing a problem? 

Thanks in advance!

bag.hipnc

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, thanks:) that looks great! 

I haven't tried the grain solver yet, but seems like I really should.

I still don't know why the wind force didn't work, but I ended up using a uniform force with a noise field, which worked allright for the purpose. 

Nice work Johnny,

that turned out awesome.

it's kinda silky-looking but yeah, with some tweaking you could get it really close to look plasticy I think. :)

Oh wow, thanks:) that looks great! 

I haven't tried the grain solver yet, but seems like I really should.

I still don't know why the wind force didn't work, but I ended up using a uniform force with a noise field, which worked allright for the purpose. 

I put some serious time into getting to know the grain solver when H14 was released, it's an amazing tool but at the same time it's amazingly hard to tweak as most values in the grain solver really seem to do very little until they change the behavior of the sim significantly, hehe, but when you get it right, it looks really good.

Edited by Farmfield