Error Python line and Uft8 Error

Hi sorry for this. but i have some problems to create a crowd simulation

"UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xd8 in position 9: invalid continuation byte"

Someone know how to fix it, also i have problem with the :

Traceback (most recent call last): 
File "<stdin>", line 2, in <module> 
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.13/houdini/python2.7libs\sas\localassets.py", line 1685, in ensure_webresponder_server_is_running 
_web_responder_api = webresponder.start_server(WebResponderAPI) 
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.13/houdini/python2.7libs\sas\webresponder.py", line 26, in start_server 
logger = _create_logger() 
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.13/houdini/python2.7libs\sas\webresponder.py", line 69, in _create_logger 
hutil.file.ensureDirExists(sas.localassets.asset_store_dir()) 
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.13/houdini/python2.7libs\sas\localassets.py", line 713, in asset_store_dir 
hou.homeHoudiniDirectory() + "/asset_store") 
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.13/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py", line 69088, in homeHoudiniDirectory 
return _hou.homeHoudiniDirectory(*args)

What is the User name you are logged in as? Are there non-standard characters in your User name? Sometimes that can cause pathing issues in scripts. If so try creating another user on your system with a simple name like 'test'. After that log in as 'test' user and try the Houdini tool under that user name.

Edited by Atom

• 4 years later...

You're right, I have this issue on Houdini startup when I'm logged in as user "Michaël Déry" with the special characters, but when I'm logged in as user "test" Houdini starts normally without errors.

I was able to solve this by moving my "Documents" directory to another path without special characters. Mine used to be "C:\Users\Michaël\Documents" so I moved it to "D:\Documents". Thanks @Atom.

To move your "Document" folder path:

1) Open Windows Explorer (Windows + E)

2) Right-click "Documents" folder and select "Properties"

3) Go to the "Location" tab, select the "Move..." button and select another path without sepecial characters for the Documents folder.

4) Select "Apply", and restart Houdini.

Edited by mic3mic3
Found solution so I added all the steps to resolve issue.