Clone between 2 objects

Zabander

Hi, I'm a beginer in the path of the force (Houdini) and I'm trying to be able to copy an object based on the distance and between of two other objects, just as the new modifier created by Elara Systems using the new 3ds max MCG. I know it can be done with a spline and a copy sop easyly and get similar results, but I wanted to test if it is posible in Houdini, I know it is ;)

Any idea will be welcome :D

I know it can be done with a spline and a copy sop easyly and get similar results

Indeed! Draw out a curve with two points, then feed it to a Resample node - here you should tick the Maximum Segments and Create Only Points boxes. Plug this in as the template to a Copy SOP with whatever geometry you want to copy, and adjust the number of segments to get more or less copies. At this point you can drop in an Edit SOP between the curve and Resample and animate however you like. 

Seems to match the Elara video pretty nicely - is this what you're after?

ah...no, you don't want to do this....

just build a curve between the two points and use the copy SOP

you'll get EXACTLY the same thing - plus all the additional advantages of the copy SOP (stamping etc)

in this case there isn't any point in recreating the copy SOP.