Alembic Animation + Grain Collision

Hi Everyone,

I have a scene I am working on where I have an alembic sequence of an animated necklace falling onto a floor as if its underwater.  I have imported the Alembic sequence by using a geometry node, deleting the File sop, and putting in an Alembic SOP and pointing it to the abc file. I then have an Unpack node after that followed by an attribcreate node that the Static Object shelf tool created.

I then have a dry sand simulation on a floor object and when the necklace comes down, it just is not interacting with the grains. It goes right through. Am I missing something? Do I need to convert the unpack to geometry? I am very new to houdini so sorry for the noobness! I did check the normals on the unpacked version and they are facing outwards. If I middle click the unpack node it says I have 91k points, 167 primatives, 353k vertices, and 167 polygon soups. No idea what that means but I think it's working correctly? I just can't get the grain to see it and I definitely have it set as a static object in my DOP Network.

Any idea? Do I need to somehow convert the necklace to polygons after the unpack? I attached some screen shots to show my network.

-Bret

post-13441-0-68824200-1429893723_thumb.p

post-13441-0-82232600-1429893728_thumb.p

post-13441-0-09704000-1429893730_thumb.p