What's the best way to initialize a new field in DOPs once?

magneto

Hi,

If I create an empty object and then create a new field after that using Scalar Field for example, is there a way I can modify the values of this field, to initialize it only once?

I don't want to import the values from SOPs just for curiosity and I also don't want to create the field ad hoc using Gas Match Field and then modify it using Gas Field VOP because then it will repeat at every timestep which I don't want. Because the field will not change in time.

use Gas Intermittent Solve DOP in Only Once mode and connect your Gas Field VOP that populates the values to it

it will be executed only once, therefore it will only initialize your values at the start of the sim

• Like 1

depends on what you are doing,

both, Gas Substep and Gas Multisolver will execute all connected solvers, however, Gas Substep can also substep based on provided CFL condition and velocity field, so it kind of makes sense for simulation where advection by velocity happens (like fluid)

in those cases you can as well use Gas Intermittent Solver to ignore substeps etc. if needed

but yes, you can connect all your microsolvers that need to be substepped to Gas Substep and then Gas Substep to Gas Multisolver with additional solvers, etc

• Like 1