Weird UV deformations in Arnold

Hello,

I've come into strange problem. When I assign a texture to simple mesh (bird's body) I see deformation in texture when rendered in Arnold. However if I do the same thing in Maya with Arnold, the result is as expected. OpenGL shading in Houdini using UVquickShade works normally too.

Any ideas what is causing this weird deformations? I am really stuck here and don't know what is causing it.

Houdini OpenGL preview:

post-11577-0-99101300-1431618659_thumb.j

Maya with Arnold:

post-11577-0-78472900-1431618655_thumb.j

Houdini with Arnold

post-11577-0-49777000-1431618657_thumb.j

I've seen this issue before when doing camera projections on insufficiently dense geometry. My first guess would have been rendertime SDS (there's a setting for how UVs should be handled), but as you are saying that you had it disabled I think it might be due to triangulation.

Arnold is intersecting with triangles and there might be a problem with attribute interpolation on the interior of the triangles while shading (this is just a wild guess as I don't have a ton of experience with Arnold).

Maybe you could try to pre-triangulate your geometry with a divide SOP and see if it helps.

Edited by dennis.albus