Blood slide along the surface, and drop on the ground

Yuanfei

Hi,

I'm currently working on a blood scene. My goal is to make the blood slide along the surface of head, then drop on the ground at a certain position.

So far, my flip went down on the ground strightly without any attachment with the surface.

I'm wondering if it's a problem about my surface position, emitter style, or phisical settings. Now I'm trying to direct the flip by the custom normal, but I couldn't get it work.

Could anyone give me a hint to approach this kinds of effect? thanks.

blood_spiting.hip

post-9123-0-55381200-1432709602_thumb.jp

Hi guys,

Thanks all. I solved the problem by modify the Normal Scale under the Stick on Collision tab.

Normal Scale  -  Scale the amount of velocity adjustment in the direction normal to the collision surface. 

I couldn't figure out how it works, but here is the result. Please let me know if you have any info about Stick on Collision section, thanks again.

post-9123-0-62149000-1432714590_thumb.jp

Edited by Yuanfei

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Diego, 

sorry for late reply. Here's the scene file.

I found it couldn't easily be solved through the stick node after I check this discussion, http://forums.odforce.net/topic/15197-houdini-viscosity-flip-stick-on-object/?hl=%2Bflip+%2Bfriction.

I was trying to make the blood slowly slide on the surface. Since it's a fast-moving geometry,I don't know how to deal with.

Also the face geometry is not in use, so I couldn't use the wetmap trick. Please point me a direction if you have any thoughts, thanks.

blood_setup_odforce.rar

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 2015/6/15 at 5:59 PM, Yuanfei said:

Hi Diego, 

sorry for late reply. Here's the scene file.

I found it couldn't easily be solved through the stick node after I check this discussion, http://forums.odforce.net/topic/15197-houdini-viscosity-flip-stick-on-object/?hl=%2Bflip+%2Bfriction.

I was trying to make the blood slowly slide on the surface. Since it's a fast-moving geometry,I don't know how to deal with.

Also the face geometry is not in use, so I couldn't use the wetmap trick. Please point me a direction if you have any thoughts, thanks.

blood_setup_odforce.rar

hi,yuanfei,Today I encountered the same problem, my fluid can't move along the surface for a while and then drip, I hope to get your help, or I want to buy a project file, my English is very bad, bring you Please understand that the inconvenience, thank you