Raytracing depth limits?

I'm using the raytracing in mantra and comparing it with prman raytracing and i get some doubts:

-Can i set the depth for the rays, for example for reflections a depth of 2 and for refractions a depth of 3, so i can optimize my renders?

-I've seen in the mantra ROP that exists a supersampling for raytracing, "decouple ray sampling", this is an antialiasing for rays?

Thanks again

hey lisux

under ur obj, theres a render tag,

the reflect bounce and refract bounce is pretty much what u looking for "the depth of rays" etc.

and by changing the LOD, it will set the "supersampling for raytracing" in mantra, and Shading quality is similiar to what PRMAN offers u.

anyways i hope this is what u were looking for

all the best

aracid :blink:

hey lisux

under ur obj, theres a render tag,

the reflect bounce  and refract bounce  is pretty much what u looking for "the depth of rays" etc.

Yeah thanks that's what i'm looking for.

and by changing the LOD, it will set the "supersampling for raytracing" in mantra, and Shading quality is similiar to what PRMAN offers u.

Ok, so if i increase the LOD i'm increasing the default ray samples defined by the mantraROP? is a multiplicator for the ray samples mantra ROP parameter?

Thanks

I've tested the use of Reflect Bounce, Refract Bounce and Ray Clip.

If i change their values, using the glass SHOP for the object, i don't see any changes in the rendered image nor in the render times. It's like if this parameters don't be used by the SHOP.

This parameters defines attributes for the object, like for example "maxbounce" attribute in prman?

So, in order to use this attributes, the shader must be implemented to do it, if the shader doesn't use them this attributes are ignored in the render.

I'm right or i'm in a mistake.

I need to write my own shaders that uses this att