RBD simulation on deforming object

gowthaman

Hello everyone, 

I have a ground surface which has a basic crack animation that makes the ground split it into two along the crack. It is imported from Maya as an alembic sequence. I am working to get small fractured pieces to fall off as debris as the crack grows. After reading lot of posts and going through sample hip files in this forum, I was able to figure out how to make the debris fall off as the crack grows. (using active value node) This works like a charm if I am doing it on a simple box without any deformation. If I switch it back to the alembic sequence, I am not getting the result. I tried checking "use deforming objects" option in RBD but no luck. 

I was going through this video 

I'm assuming I can achieve the effect I'm going after if I use his approach. In the comment section he has mentioned that the voronoid is applied to the T-pose of the object and not to the sequence. Then he matched the P attribute to the animated character. I'm not sure how to do that? Is there any other way to approach this issue? 

Thanks, 

Gowthaman Ilango.