3DBuzz rigging still valid?

boby

Hello!

Everything is in the title, is the rigging serie from 3DBuzz still valid for H14? (or H15 for those who knows ^^)

Would want to transfer rigging skill to H but material on internet are really sparse and workflow seems a bit obscure to me.

Thanks in advance,

Boris

Thanks captain,

Will give it a try asap :)

Do you know more about it? Is it worth it?

Main thing i'm interested in is general rigging workflow in H: bone<->sop<->chop<->capture interaction and the way to do it "properly".

I think it's probably worth it.  I don't know about many free tutorials for Houdini rigging.  Rigging is definitely a bit obscure in Houdini, you really need to watch someone do it for it to "click".

From what I read the tutorial even includes python scripting which is really helpful since Houdini uses bones and its a different beast if your used to a joint system like Maya's.

these tutorials are still valid, and while it is useful to see not only the bone workflow but also muscles...I'd avoid muscles if possible - they're slow and cumbersome at the moment.

and please don't hesitate to ask for help here or over at the SESI forums.