Orient primitives along curve without CopySop

Hello, 

I have seen some really helpful examples of how to orient primitives along a curve with the CopySop but unfortunately in my setup I won't be able to use the CopySop (example scene is a quick mock up). 

How would you orient the individual layers along the guide curve? I have the tangent's from the guide curve and have tried to align the layers to this, but with now luck. I would really appreciate some ideas on this. 

Thanks 

orient_along_curve_101.hip

post-13980-0-35328700-1438625595_thumb.p

while I can't post files form here, the fix is simple (at least basic fix, no upvector)

within your attribvop_along_path:
1. copy paste primuv_P (A) and change Attrib to tangent
2. create align VOP (B ) and connect output of A to "to" input and set from to 0 1 0
3. insert multiply VOP (C ) into wire between P output  and add1 node
4. connect output of B into second input of C

5. outside of your vopnet, insert transform sop before first input of your your vopnet and set sy to 0

Edited by anim

Thanks a lot Tomas and Andrea! Those two solutions are different approaches with similar results. I had previously tried the Align VOP as you've mentioned Tomas, but for some reason I had wired it up wrong. You're way make much more sense, although the first few 'plates' have the wrong orientation though?

Andrea, thanks a lot for you're VOP solution, that actually starts to make matrix's a bit more understandable for me, so thanks for the scene file. Now only to get used to quaternion's :)

Thanks again guys.