Solid Object dynamic map attribute

merlino

Hi Tom! I tried that solution, but I can't make it works with the shapestiffness (or other) attribute.

The point is that every frame it's like is multiplying the old value by the new one so I can't set the values I really want.

I modified your hip to use the shapestiffness attribute and I want to feed the object with the attr values I paint in SOP. But it doesn't works as I need.

Thanks for your help!

FEMSopSolver_shapestiffness.hipnc

Yea, that makes sense.  I don't have Houdini at the moment but that sounds right.  

The issue is unlike in a SOP where you start from the top of the node chain with say a simple sphere and cook down the chain applying the effects of each node once, when you use a DOP net with a SOP solver the SOP chain is running in a cycle, being passed back and forth between the DOP Solvers and the SOP Solver.

So every time you apply the Paint SOP your actually adding a new layer of paint on top the previous one, hence the effect of accumulating values.  

The solution should be as simple as deleting the shapestiffness attribute above the node where you apply your attributes map.

Edited by MrScienceOfficer
  • Like 1