Strawberry Modeling Help

7ofDiamonds

I'm trying to model a very detailed strawberry. I'm a little confused as to how I should approach this. 
This is what I have at the moment, and I think it's ugly (can only be viewed from certain angles). I feel like I'm over-complicating this. I could use some guidance on this.

post-12698-0-09350900-1442528750_thumb.j

I've also attached a hip file so you can take a look and give me some feedback. Thank you!

strawberry.hipnc

the new scatter relaxation stuff might be worthwhile to try out here.  model out your base shape, then scatter some points with a TON of relaxation and see if you get a good distribution of seeds.  really, the seeds and their distribution really are probably the biggest key to a strawberry.  prolly need to weight the points to be more towards the tip (use a point node and then use Cd as your density attr for the scatter -- lighter color = more points).

after you get your distribution, you should be able to come up with some means to add dips in the surface at each seed thru a number of different means.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

the new scatter relaxation stuff might be worthwhile to try out here.  model out your base shape, then scatter some points with a TON of relaxation and see if you get a good distribution of seeds.  really, the seeds and their distribution really are probably the biggest key to a strawberry.  prolly need to weight the points to be more towards the tip (use a point node and then use Cd as your density attr for the scatter -- lighter color = more points).

after you get your distribution, you should be able to come up with some means to add dips in the surface at each seed thru a number of different means.

hi kev, the first example attached resembles your file whereas the second file contains pretty much miles` approach, i guess.

Hi Miles and Konstantin.

Sorry for the late reply. Just wanted you to know that your comments didn't go unnoticed. I actually did use you guys's suggestions and did some tweakings with what I previously had. Thank you guys so much for your help. Here's a still of the shot (it's an old school POP to metaball fluid sim).

e26uw19gek.jpg

Once again, thank you guys :)

Edited by 7ofDiamonds