Lowering shutter time has no effect on motion blur.

Hey there =)

I have a shot with a car driving through a city. The car is staying at the center of the world and a null parenting all the geometry is moving all the terrain under the car to make it looks like the car is moving.

We have some problem to reduce the amount of motion blur we have in our scene which is too high.

I tried lowering the shutter time from 0.5 to 0.25 but when the value is lower than 0.5 there's not any motion blur anymore.

The fix I found for now is to add a velocity attribute and enable geometry velocity blur on all my objects to control the amount of motion blur I want on each object and it's working quite well but I wondered if there's a way to use the shutter time of my camera instead.

Thanks for your help!!
Thibault.

make sure your object is moving between frames

so if you are for example using $F instead of $FF in some transform channels it will change only in the middle of the frame, so with shatter 0.5 you will get at least 2 different samples, but with lower shutter all samples will be the same 

to check if you have any movement/deformation between frames go to Global Animation Options and uncheck integer frame values, then scrub the timeline between frames

Edited by anim