configuring environment on hqueue clients

Lucavfx

Hi,

we're looking into hqueue and noticed that hqueue clients don't inherit the environment or the otl paths.

i.e. otls stored on ~/houdini14.0/otl are not made available to the client.

(I'm having a look at the hqueue docs but can't find anything regarding this. Also manually adding the otl_scan_path variable in the hqueue rop and submitting a job doesn't seem to pass the variable to the client on the farm.)

Is there a way to configure hqueue so that clients would launch a specific wrapper? or simply inherit the current environment including otl_scan_path?

Thanks for your help

L

Hi,

we're looking into hqueue and noticed that hqueue clients don't inherit the environment or the otl paths.

i.e. otls stored on ~/houdini14.0/otl are not made available to the client.

(I'm having a look at the hqueue docs but can't find anything regarding this. Also manually adding the otl_scan_path variable in the hqueue rop and submitting a job doesn't seem to pass the variable to the client on the farm.)

Is there a way to configure hqueue so that clients would launch a specific wrapper? or simply inherit the current environment including otl_scan_path?

Thanks for your help

L

Update:

I passed the overridden variable HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH by adding it to hq_sim and I can see it is set correctly in the client -as seen from the client properties log- however the client doesn't load otls from the ~/USERNAME/houdini/14.0/otls