How to use Visualizer SOP?

magneto

Hi,

I tried showing an attribute as color from a predefined ramp but it didn't work. How can I get this to work?

Also how does the VEX functions like addvisualizer work? I inspected their result (help offline right now), and all I see is an array of op path. Where are all the info about the ramp, how to define the range of the attribute, etc?

Visualize SOP also doesn't allow pasting of references to its parameters. How can you control these with the parameters at the asset level?

Either I am missing something or this system is very limited.

I tried showing an attribute as color from a predefined ramp but it didn't work. How can I get this to work?

should work normally for Visualize SOP, but for visualizers at VOP level I noticed I had to jump up one level to force the ramp to refresh

Also how does the VEX functions like addvisualizer work? I inspected their result (help offline right now), and all I see is an array of op path. Where are all the info about the ramp, how to define the range of the attribute, etc?

if you add Visualize VOP through pointing mouse at output you want to visualize and pressing X

then view VEX code of that VOP network, you will see that it's calling

addvisualizer(geoself(), 'op:/path/to/some/visualizer');

so you can just use existing or create new visualizer on any node using cog menu/Add Visualizer and point to that

Visualize SOP also doesn't allow pasting of references to its parameters. How can you control these with the parameters at the asset level?

not sure if that's possible
  • Like 1

Thanks anim. Can you have a temp attribute calculated solely to be shown as a visualizer? For example v@color that won't exist when a new node is displayed just like Soft Transform does with its visualization that's destroyed after a new node is displayed?