Object ID Matte / Multimatte on AOVs

cwalrus

Hey there-

Just trying to apply an AOV that has the objects' hold-out mattes on the red, green and blue channels.

I've been trying to replicate the .hip from this:

http://forums.odforce.net/topic/12783-object-matte/?hl=%2Bobject+%2Bid+%2Bmatte

but since it was a couple Houdini versions ago it doesn't work.

Anyone have a simple setup for selecting the different geo's in your render pass?

Thanks!

Yep yours was the one I quoted above!  I was relying on the .hip file from your post, but after reading more carefully I could apply your process to Houdini 14 just by going step by step.

Thanks!

I've posted a H14 version for anyone who may need it.

(and just FYI, two things that tripped me up -   One was neglecting to actually check the display flag on the attributeCreate node. This matters!!  The other was the necessity to actually dive into the Clay node and create a parameter node)

Test_Object_id.hipnc

No - your file works perfectly. It just uses nodes that are different now- like the Clay node and mantra node - they have different parameters from one version to the next. And when trying to figure out how to replicate it exactly, it's easier to compare current version to current version...