attaching an object to a specific spot on an imported alembic

xcaseyx

so, a lot of whats confusing me about houdini thus far has been working with imported meshes, alembics and such. 

In this question, how would I take an imported animation of a runner, and attach a sphere to between its feet? or even one on each foot. 

when I try object merge, into this specific object, only 1 point of the sphere will attach to the object causing it to scale up the runner moves away. 

sorry to such a simple question but Im hoping this will be so simple that it helps me with the other questions I've asked recently. 

Nore sure this is what you're looking for, but you could try these steps :

You'll first have to unpack your alembic so that you can select points.

Then, use a rivet, grab a few point around the place where you'd like to get your rivet.  Now if you parent your geo to the rivet, it should follow your point selection.

ah ha! I got it thank you! 

I was reading the docs for the riven object and wasn't sure how to use it, but it make since now. 

group some points on object A, create a rivet node at obj level, select sop, and point group make the B object a child of the rivet. 

thank you!