OT:Finding good scripts for animated feature films

Guest xionmark

Guest xionmark

Hi folks,

I'm not sure where to find this kind of information, so I thought maybe the Houdini community would be a good source for referrals, etc.

Question: Where would find good scripts (for full length animated feature films) ready for production?

I was asked this recently and after a bit of Googling came up with lots of dead ends ...

TIA!

--Mark

Guest xionmark
I'm not sure of the quality, but Shooting People have a Script Pitch section that might be worth a look. The Animation section also, on occasions, gets the odd script proposal posted to it.

:)

15531[/snapback]

Hi Moose,

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

--Mark

Where would find good scripts (for full length animated feature films) ready for production?

I think you'lll have to define your terms:

good script >

good from a story point of view or a commercial point of view?

script are given the green light based on tons of things - rarely because they are 'good'

ready for production >

I doubt there is such a thing....

as far as feature animated films go (both 2d and 3d) the only thing I would call 'ready for production' would be a /finished/ script with /full/ storyboards and if possible an animatic

hope that helps....now back to work on this animated feature that is nothing like the above :)

Guest xionmark

You know that sinking feeling you get when something really stupid or awkward just passed your lips and as the music slows down, the lights dim, you hear that funny buzz in your ears ... you think to yourself, "Why the hell did I just ask such a stupid question" ... :oops:

Oh well .. disregard ...