Good way to animate the shape of noise?

hoknamahn

Hi!

I'm playing with VEX Choppy Water shader. Unfortunately the Offset parameter altogether only adds offset to the coordinate of the painted point, but does not change the form of noise. But me it would be desirable to obtain a change of the waveform in the dependence on the time. Which best way for changing the nature/shape of noise on the time?

A question is already unimportant.

15703[/snapback]

Not sure what you mean by that... does it mean you already found a solution?

Just in case, I just checked it and everything looks OK in the shader. Just assign rest positions to the geometry (attribute "rest") and express your offset in the same space, and perpendicular to the plane of the water. So that if the water is plane on X-Z, your offset should be along +-Y.

Cheers!

Not sure what you mean by that... does it mean you already found a solution?

Just in case, I just checked it and everything looks OK in the shader. Just assign rest positions to the geometry (attribute "rest") and express your offset in the same space, and perpendicular to the plane of the water. So that if the water is plane on X-Z, your offset should be along +-Y.

Cheers!

15710[/snapback]

I decided to mix several noise with the different parameters. This approach requires for a while for the tuning, but it works rather well. But thanks for the idea, I will try to use Y as the parameter for offset.