Translation From other Packages

I noticed that there was a Translation to X application on the wiki. How about a section for Translate data from X application? Would it go under the same Category of "Translation"?

I have some notes that I can share for getting data from XSI to Houdini. Nothing fancy just the usual .obj file for geo, writing a .chan file for camera, etc.

Cheers,

Rick

hmmm...maybe it would be more clear to rename the section and the pages to be 'communication' rather than translation - that would provide for "appX to houdini" and "houdini to appX"

15768[/snapback]

I like the term Translation - it's a little more standard and there are even packages like PolyTrans that use the term.

Maybe the page should just be HoudiniAndMax and have two sections inside that page ToMax and FromMax?

I like the term Translation - it's a little more standard and there are even packages like PolyTrans that use the term.

Maybe the page should just be HoudiniAndMax and have two sections inside that page  ToMax and FromMax?

15782[/snapback]

I like that idea. It keeps things app specific and organized.

-Rick