cmiVFX - Houdini Procedural Road Creation 2 question

fath_w

I am a junior and learning  cmiVFX - Houdini Procedural Road Creation 2. When I use 12.5 , everything is fine, but it alway crashed when I use 13.0. I just know the crash is caused by vopsop.please help me to figure it out. When I connected floattovector to Cd, it crashed.

Thanks alot.

post-15427-0-42188300-1451297486_thumb.p

post-15427-0-33555700-1451297487_thumb.p

maybe you can use a setvectorcomponent vop node instead (set to 2nd (Y) component) from your boolean, which should do the same in theory,

you can also try to input a constant vector to begin to make sure that all the data is at least initialized.

finally it could be a bug specific to the build you are using. so you can try it on a different version if you wish, if you have no dependencies in your studio I would suggest using the newest version of Houdini, which is 15.0.x right now afaik.

The crash could also be caused by your hardware. Houdini has continually advanced the requirements for OpenGL on each version. If you post your hardware specs that could help. For instance I have a MacMini wich no longer is compatible with Houdini even though it used to be. It is a sad state of affairs that Houdini has abandoned low end systems.

Edited by Atom