Voronoi to grain soft body

pitapan

Hello

I am trying to make a voronoi fractured object into grain soft body.

I split the object with voronoi fracure, and use for loop to create grains for each piece. On the dop level all looks great - all voronoi pieces are separate and bounce around the way I wished. The problem is when simulated mesh is read back and fed into point deform sop. The original mesh is not acting as separate objects. Is there an easy to correct this?

Also, is there a way to create a glue constrain for grain sims?

voronoi soft body.hiplc

Progress:

I made class attribite for each piece with connectivity.

The point deform is now inside for each subnet. Incoming rest lattice and deformed lattice (driven by grain sim) are stripped down to piece corresponding to loops run.

Inside loop deform works good but the for each subnet fails to cook giving invalid source error. Any ideas?

voronoi soft body2.hiplc

Edited by pitapan

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello again. Using Gavin's file I was able to create the effect I was after, but I'm curious about one thing: As soon as I change the number of points in the Scatter node, the For Each starts behaving in a very strange way, mismatching the pieces, and obviously, affecting and messing up the whole thing. Is there a relationship between the number of pieces and other parameter that I'm missing?

Thanks!

On 1/30/2017 at 7:57 PM, anthonymcgrath said:

Check out farmfield on vimeo he's also on here too. He did a scene some time ago with a hip file that does pretty much the same kind of trick. Very clever!

I think I might have Houdini-induced Alzheimer's, I really don't remember how I set that up. :P (this one)

But I'll take a look at the setup posted here and see what I can make of it. I spent a shitload of time working with grains recently, so hopefully I'll have at least a clue what the hell I'm doing. :D

• Like 1