r4ZR

Hey everyone,

I'm still kinda new to Houdini and right now I'm trying to get a similar effect like it is shown in this video https://vimeo.com/110820797.

I used one of the animated characters in Houdini and put the 'Billowy Smoke' "onto" it.

The effect works, but I still have some issues which I can't solve by myself.

At around frame 45 the smoke man is not displayed completely anymore. The legs kind of disappear.

To check this issues, I also took a sphere as the smoke emitter and I noticed that the sphere already was not fully displayed in frame 1.

You'll see the issues on my screenshots.

I have really no clue what's causing this and therefore I hope some of you can help me solving this.

Thanks in advance,

r4ZR

post-15679-0-96253000-1453826482_thumb.j

post-15679-0-65049500-1453826483_thumb.j

post-15679-0-27378400-1453826484_thumb.j

smoke.hip

Thanks, that fixed my problem!

It was literally one of the things I did not suspect to cause the problem :D.

But I'm still wondering a little.. I recreated the scene and on this scene the noise was also turned on, but I didn't get the issue I had before.

Edited by r4ZR

Hi, this is probably a stupid question, but I have been playing around with the same type of effect, but I am slightly confused as to what exactly binds the smoke to the body. i find that the smoke just fill up the container too much, so the shape disappear. How or where can I control this more?