Python Node Order Of Evaluation?

Atom

HI All,

I have a few python nodes inside a subnet to control bones on a FBX rig.

One python node controls the rotation of bones by providing a set of sliders to the user.

The second python node controls those sliders on the first python node.

This worked fine a when I developed it a few versions back before H15.313. Now that I have upgraded to H15.381 this approach seems to be failing when I try to write the animated .bgeo sequence out via a ROP Output. I know, odd, but what used to work no longer works and the only thing I have changed is my version of Houdini.

I am guessing that the order of operation for Python nodes may have been changed by the developers.

Is there any way to instruct Houdini to evaluate one Python node before another?

Edited by Atom

Thanks for the idea, I tried parenting them in a series and reverse parenting them but the effect was still the same. The ROP Output driver simply will not evaluate python nodes while generating geometry output.

What does work is to place a File node in Write File mode and then simply play the timeline once, which is a lot slower.

I am going to use this as a work around for now.

Edited by Atom