Create Glue Network In ForEach

Gubkin

Hello everyone,

I want to create a setup where a sphere breaks into 2 pieces and after a few frames those 2 pieces break into 3 smaller pieces.

I am trying to create a glue network which would hold the secondary fracture until told but cant get my head around it..

I am doing the secondary fracture in a foreach node and that's where I'm thinking I need to do the glue network for it as well.

I know its probably going to have a simple solution but I can't figure it out for quite long now. Please give me some ideas / examples. Thanks!

As You suggested the Glue Network gets created in the foreach network after the fracture. Be sure to create a unique name for each secondary chunk before you create the constraints. For example by adding the current loop number to the name. This is important so the constraints match the geo.
The simplest way to keep the big chunks together and make them break at a given frame is with a SOP solver. Inside the DOP net add a SOP solver to your constraints network and add a delete node inside to delete the glue constraints at a given frame(important: use the "relationship geo" and not the "dop_geo" node).
Hope that helps.
Dennis

The problem with Your setup is that You are trying to grab the constraints out of the foreach network. That wont work. You could merge both the fractured chunk and the constraints. Then separate them after the foreach. I quickly created a test scene so You can check it out if it's still unclear how to approach this. For the breaking at a specific frame check out the SOP solver in the DOP net. The procedure is the same as described above.

Hope it helps.

Dennis

glueNetwork_secondary_v01.hipnc

One last thing, I have been trying for the past few hours to make one more break-up but for the largest chunks the glue network only works for one of the pieces and not for the other, any ideas why?

The sphere is supposed to split into 2 pieces, then each piece into 2 more and finally each piece into 6. The problem is that the initial split into 2 pieces is not working, it only works for 1 of the pieces. I know the problem is in the "second_fracture_constrain" node but I'm not able to figure it out..

The constraint for the other piece instead of holding it together it follows the other pieces and stretches, any ideas why?

triple_glue_network_3_v2.hip

post-12681-0-03250000-1456761005_thumb.p

Edited by Gubkin

What I see right away is the problem with the name attributes. Since You are importing the sphere with the name "smallChunk" to DOP's and the constraints for the "mediumChunk" gets created before that name gets assigned, they don't match anymore. As mentioned previous You have to create Your constrain after Your name attribute creation. You could do that by creating unique attributes or groups for each loop(medium, small). After finishing fracturing You then create the foreach which loops through the medium and one that loops through the small attribute or group created before. Not quite shure if that works. When I find some time I'll try it out myself and let You know.

Hope it helps for now.

Dennis

Edited by DennisSchmidt

I just tested the group method. In every foreach create a group for every iteration(same method as the name creation). After finishing all the fracture loop through each group and do the constraint stuff. Do this for the medium and for the small. In the DOP You then create two constraint networks. That's basically it
Keep trying. In case you get stuck I uploaded the file for You to check out ;)
Good luck!

Dennis

glueNetwork_secondary_v03.hipnc