Stealth Trailer

michael

yeah...there is a line at the end where the plane talks..."goodbye"...ugh!...

I'm sure this will be another crap film (or fantastic popcorn flick) but I do have three questions:

1) is that a ring of expelled jet fuel that ignights?.... :wacko:

2) why is it when I drag my feet on the carpet and then touch my computer it wont boot correctly for days...but lightning can strike an AI plane and it 're-wires' itself and becomes self aware?

3) why do things that become self aware always turn bad?

having watched the trailer again I must say I am pretty impressed with the work....I'm longing for the day I can work on something that doesn't deform or have hair.... :cry2:

hey Jason...I thought you were a stealth guy?

hey Jason...I thought you were a stealth guy?

16421[/snapback]

Naw - I was involved in the very beginning in some of the pipeline setup. Since then I've been on other projects.

Good point about the self-aware comment... I suppose thats the final test in the Turing test: did the machine turn evil?

yeah...there is a line at the end where the plane talks..."goodbye"...ugh!...

Hey man, some people work on talking animal movies, we work on talking plane movies ;) .

2) why is it when I drag my feet on the carpet and then touch my computer it wont boot correctly for days...but lightning can strike an AI plane and it 're-wires' itself and becomes self aware?

They're using the same technology used in 'Edgar', which can be read about here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087197/plotsummary

3) why do things that become self aware always turn bad?

While the 'experts' may think differently ( http://daily.nysun.com/Repository/getmailf...7/14&ID=Ar00702 ), I believe that it's inevitable for computers to turn evil, probably stemming from a long history of people hitting and kicking computers when they don't run like we want them to, or when a fan rattles too loud (in fact, I think the fan noise thing is the first sign of computers turning against us... :cry2: )

-z

hahaha...

my system sounds like a coffee grinder :)

"...starts expressing thoughts and emotions after a having champagne spilled down on him..."

well shit - everyone knows that spilling any kind of liquid on something computerized will make it intelligent/evil....