Math in Houdini FX for TDs _commercial training

hossam01983

hello everyone: 

more info here : http://www.hossamfx.org/math-in-houdini/

This training demonstrates the big role of Math in creating visual effects and controlling the simulation behavior in Houdini FX animation software. I will cover many of the most popular math topics in computer graphics and I will show you how to apply these concepts inside Houdini with some cool projects. I will focus on what we need to know from math for using in VFX without diving into complex mathematical details as this training is not about pure math. I will show you how the Dot product can be used with the Flip Fluid, and how to create windy curves using the Cross product, and how the Matrices can determine the velocity and store the rotation data.....and many other features of using Math in Houdini.

Edited by hossam01983
  • Like 3

Agreed. These tuts are always welcomed.

I remember I learnt the usefulness of cross product and dot product on an old tutorial made for 3dBuzz by Peter Claes. It was pretty thoughtful.

I´m sure this will be put to good use by people new to the concept. Good job hossam.

3 hours ago, michael said:

nice!

great to see these kinds of resources for Houdini users.

2 hours ago, Netvudu said:

Agreed. These tuts are always welcomed.

I remember I learnt the usefulness of cross product and dot product on an old tutorial made for 3dBuzz by Peter Claes. It was pretty thoughtful.

I´m sure this will be put to good use by people new to the concept. Good job hossam.

thank you :) , i focused on math inside Houdini and provided examples for every idea and some times more than one example, starting from easy setting to more advanced use of the mathematical concept. i tried to stay faraway from pure math and the things that we don't need to use in vfx or it is has very small use in very spacial situation.