Paint SOP - First time

Guest tar

So you use 'Add' instead of 'Replace' why? 

If the default values are 1.0 and you add 1.0 in blue you end up with a value of 2.0. Considering that white is 1.0 why would you think of adding more values to it to see a colour?

2 minutes ago, marty said:

Sounds like a hardware issue - what graphics card and driver are you using?

It can't be, the scene by 6ril works.  6ril used UV projection but stated you don't have to, I proceed to re-create the scene and I can't paint on the mesh with replace / add ?

Guest tar

Also turn on 'HDR Rendering' in Display Option/Effects tab. It nicely allows you to see above 1.0 Cd values. You may have to open new Scene tab to see it work.

ahahha you're happy with a display option toggle... try rendering now ... lol.

have you tried what I told you ? It would help you understand the concept of floating value color.

but if you're fine with hdr display and not being able to use paint sop properly.... suit yourself.

Marty kindly tried to explain you about the rgb value in float, ranging from 0 to 1, now if you're happy with above 1 values, well...

I've tried hard to help you, many times, now if you're not even reading my posts...

good luck with your endeavours !