Point Jitter on fractured geometry

Hello everyone,

I am working on a stained glass shatter effect and I have a question regarding making the passive geometry (not simulated to shatter) to add a trembling effect to it. Basically the central part of the window is going to break while the rest stays in place but when the shatter starts the rest glass pieces will shake a little bit. 

I created central points of the pieces and can control the shake with point jitter, but I don't know how to copy the geometry back to transformed centroids. Is it the right approach or would you recommend something else?

Attached screenshot of my network 

Screenshot from 2016-05-09 12:48:06.png

Is your fractured geometry packed? If so, you can use the point jitter on that directly as Houdini treats each packed primitive as a point. You can set it in that Assemble node by hitting "Create Packed Geometry".

I was just thinking the same thing as Sean said.  One thing I will mention is that you will probably need to get a group of your pieces you want to shake vs the pieces you want to shatter, as if you just jitter after the import directly it will go on all of the pieces.  I would love to see an animation of what you are doing with this though, it looks like a really good project.

• Like 1