Ocean Displacement Intensity

Hi guys, 

I want to know how to control ocean displacement intensity. Like for example, I have this grid where I painted black and red. I want to have displacement just in the red area... use the Cd or the attribute disp_int (for example) as intensity multiplier.

Another thing I want to learn is to have more than one displacement map combined... one with fast waves another more calm and so on...

Cheers 

ocean_disp_intensity.hiplc

disp_intensity_map.jpg

disp_intensity.jpg

For mixing displacements, check out these topics:

http://forums.odforce.net/topic/25706-mixing-2-displacements-in-ocean-shader/

https://vimeo.com/160341035 - Igor goes into a little explanation about doing it in the shader in the comments.

I'm thinking instead of you doing it all sops based like you are doing now, just create two displacement maps with your different wave heights and then do Igors method of doing a mix inside the shader but, instead of using noise, pass in color (what you painted) and use that instead in the bias. 

Thanks Ryan... well I think I found a good solution, based on what Igor said, but used this attribute I created in sops to control the areas... I can paint the values so its more artist friendly ... I used a mix after the texture node and the attribute as bias.

I'm using the mix to then mix it with another displacement map.

thanks

disp_intensity_shop.JPG