Saving Digital Asset

Hi, 

So I have created some digital asset, saved it. Then I added few parameters to it and hooked them up inside the asset. Then I save > Save Node Type.

And now when I create a new digital asset (load my just saved asset) there are no parameters on it. All the changes made inside the assets were saved, but not the parameters on the node itself.

How do I save those?

i think, when you want to modify user interface of an asset you have to go to Type properties (right click menu) and make changes there, not in Edit parameters dialog. Changes are then saved to the asset by clicking Apply/Accept button.

2 hours ago, davpe said:

i think, when you want to modify user interface of an asset you have to go to Type properties (right click menu) and make changes there, not in Edit parameters dialog. Changes are then saved to the asset by clicking Apply/Accept button.

yes

when making HDAs DO NOT use the "Edit Parameter Interface" option on the gear menu - those parameters will just live on the 'instance' of the hda in that scene.

if you want to add/delete/change a parameter on the asset itself - use the Type Properties

it's a bit confusing at first but super important.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Thank you again, this "gotcha", got me as well.

I guess some tutorials are using Parameter Interface over Type Properties in their instructions. Not knowing that this is for an Asset build, not just a project file.

This holds true even 3 years after the fact!