import changing values from SOPs to DOPs

Hey guys,

I wanted to change some geometry progressively to a simulated cloth Object. After some tests I now ended up with an aproach that sets the @pintoanimation attrib to zero if the @Cd attribute is going to a brighter color than black.

cloth_example.gif

Like you can see in the hipfile I create a group in a sop solver which progressively colors some points to white and after that I set the @pintoanimation attrib to 0. That works fine.  ( idea stolen from peter quint ) 

dopNetwork.JPG

sopSolver.JPG

Here comes my first question: If I do exactly the same only with an solver sop instead with the group sop it does not work anymore. The coloring of the points is working though. I do not quite understand why. But I would more likely color my points via the solver sop for better control.

As I couldn´t wrap my head completly around dops I will ask a additional more general question:

First I created this color growing effect in sops and thought to import everything in dops and then use the changing colors there to play with. That was not working.

So I find out If I want to have something like an live exchange of my attributes from SOPs to Dops I always need an SOP Solver combined with a multisolver which feeds in my actual live data from SOPs to DOPs every Frame. If I do not do that I only have the first frame of the SOP network which doesnt change anymore even if the geometry changes after some time in SOPS.

Is that right? 

kindest regards

Jon

TurnToCloth.hiplc

Edited by jon3de
tryed to get the gif working without success...