Dancing weirdness animation I did

anthonymcgrath

Hey chaps thought I'd say thanks for all the help and share a little video I made with all the tricks i learnt. 

Dancing animation weirdness

Yep.. clearly inspired by the genius at Method Studios hehe :)

In total 2 weeks from nothing to something.. there's things I could do differently but I set myself a week to play/learn and a week to render and comp. Not too bad considering I barely had any idea of how to use houdini a couple weeks back heh! :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, marty said:

nice!  Do you share the .hip files? Very much appreciated here on Odforce too.

42 minutes ago, marty said:

nice!  Do you share the .hip files? Very much appreciated here on Odforce

they're on various threads i've frequented on the forums - most of the tricks are simple tricks ppl have discussed on here - nothing yer cant search for :D  i'll chuck a couple up though next week :)

just thought i'd share a couple of scene files (attached hopefully) on here as asked :)

i've included a clip of the alembic character i was using so you can take it, twiddle, play about and show off your results with him too.  I'd love to see what cool tricks can be done :)

as i say the tricks really aren't anything special, and there's probably a multitude of better ways to do it but as i say i'm still quite new and fiddling with it.  Most of the stuff i'm doing is via youtube tutorials, perusing sidefx & odforce and its just something i'm trying to keep on top of week to week and develop with it.

Peter Quints trail tutorial trickery

houdini abstract wire tutorial

strobs swiss cheese youtube tutorial

digital_dancers_hou_scenes.zip

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hi Anthony

I was going to have a play using VDB's, still using trail SOP and scatter but I thought it might be easier to manage the states with VDB's.  I am trying to nail down the fluid effects in the Method Studios video, that is how I found the link.  I would love to come up with some new effects along the way however so all of these workflows are useful.