Cloth collision

mosssi

Hi guys

I'm doing a cloth simulation and I have some problems with collisions as you see in the image. I used volume sampling for collision and it is too heavy and doesn't make a difference so I used a proxy with surface method.

Cloth.jpg

I can't send the hip but this is my settings for cloth solver:

Min Substeps: 1

Max CollisionPasses: 2

Can you guess what is the problem? Is it collision subdivision or something else?

Thank you in advance

Try Min Substeps 4, max Collisions Passes 8, turn off volume based collisions.

Please send in to Side that the cloth solver would be more useful to you if it's performance was improved. Mainly in the collisions area. The more 'votes' they hear about this will help. Thanks! 

Kinda depending on what you wanna do, but check the grain sheets for cloth - they work when they work - but are tricky to tweak to look different than they look. This is an old, old setup and sadly I couldn't find the scene file, but it's pretty straight forward, grain sheets and POP forces in DOPs.

12 hours ago, marty said:

Try Min Substeps 4, max Collisions Passes 8, turn off volume based collisions.

Please send in to Side that the cloth solver would be more useful to you if it's performance was improved. Mainly in the collisions area. The more 'votes' they hear about this will help. Thanks! 

Thank you marty

I will try your setting but it will be too slow unfortunately. Also I wrote about cloth solver in H16 roadmap post and I will send a note to Sidefx too.

8 hours ago, Farmfield said:

Kinda depending on what you wanna do, but check the grain sheets for cloth - they work when they work - but are tricky to tweak to look different than they look. This is an old, old setup and sadly I couldn't find the scene file, but it's pretty straight forward, grain sheets and POP forces in DOPs.

Thank you Johnny, I'm pretty new to grain sheet and depending what I found on the forum I don't think it's the way to go. Maybe I use my old body Maya for this sequence!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmfield said:

It all depends on what you need to do and what works. Grains (crap name, Position Based Dynamics is better) are like any other solver, great for a lot of stuff, less great for others. :D

Yes, I thought it might be to fancy for a simple cloth sim so I will give it a try.

Thank you for the kindness

The good thing with grains is they are particles, so they are not only fast, you can also plug in POP forces directly into the solver - and there are a lot of great POP nodes.

Well, check it out, if it works, it works - this is all trial and error. :)

• Like 1

Hi mossi  when you have very large scale or huge effect you must breakdown it , it's mean simulate your clothe in separate pass maybe separate collision or even separate solver  , (no one can move a mountain but if you break it and dice it you can) :)

Cheers

Morteza

2 minutes ago, morteza said:

Hi mossi  when you have very large scale or huge effect you must breakdown it , it's mean simulate your clothe in separate pass maybe separate collision or even separate solver  , (no one can move a mountain but if you break it and dice it you can) :)

Cheers

Morteza

I already did that. This is not a large dop with cloth and pyro together.

Thanks anyway