Simple "water pouring into glass" sim, failing

ndeboar

Hey,

I am trying to do a simple "water pouring in to a glass" sim.

From my understanding, Houdini works in meters, so I am making sure everything is the correct scale.

I watched some tutorials that used particles to emit flip fluids, but it seems the particle system has completely changed from the version they where using to how it looks now in H15. 

So, as a starting point, I tried using the shelf tool "Emit Particle Fluid", and that doesn't seem to work. The fluid does not fall. See attached hip file.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am not sure what the best learning path is.

Thanks,

Nick

sim_v01.zip

Regarding liquids, there is a sweet spot in scale that they work fine without glitches. The scale shouldn't be too small or too big because the numbers that solver has to evaluate can get too small or too big. You'll have to feel when the scale is right, so you might want to try same setup with different scales and and see where it works best. After that you can compensate scale with gravity. At least this is what I would do.

Hope that helps. Cheers.