Billowly smoke going passing through ground plane

Hi, I'm new to Houdini and I got a problem of smoke passing through my ground plane despite the fact that I've already plugged it with a static solver in my pyro_sim. I did the same thing with the debris and it worked well.

The smoke and the debris are created after the footsteps of a character, I have no idea why it doesn't work...

Thanks!

Fumee_course_Mathilda04.hipnc

course_basique.abc

On the Smoke Object DOP, enable "Closed Boundaries" on the axis you want. Fx. '-Y' for the ground, your smoke will now collide with the lower boundary.

For object collisions, you'll need them to be volumes, which can be done in several ways.

Edited by Guest

Set your container size, to be around the size of your simulation needs.
E.g. set your container size to be equal to your "SolGeo" in X and Z.

Then on your "resize_container" you'll turn on "Clamp to Maximum Size" in the "Max Bounds" tab. This way, it will not simulate outside of those bounds set.

Let me know if that works.

Closed boundaries only affects the bounding object, not the collision object. Notice the smoke still resides within that muted orange wireframe. Move the bounding area up above the collision plane. Or set it directly on the collision plane.

Edited by Atom