polygon drive by pop (poly Desintegration)

anto187

hello all,

im currently workon this kindly fx (poly desintegration drive by pop) for my daily fx training update.

long time ago , i have the sample scene that achived this effect, but i lost the file, that i get from houdini forum (forget what the nome of forum is).

is there any helped with this..basicly i want to drive polygon per face by particle, really appreciate if someone can give me sample file to help me learn kind this effect (poly desintegration with the face rotate directly to the tangen velocity)

please help me..

polyDesintegration_driveByPop.JPG

polyDesintegration_driveByPop2.JPG

@atomic, i think i still didnt find the sample file, 

@jiri miratsky, really thanks for the link, its really great fx, but is there any simple one, because i had open the sample and it lot more simple but i lost the file and forget where i i download it.

here's i try to rebuild it but still failed i think.

any help for this, for the correct way (polygon (sop) drive by particle (pop)) ??

particle_drive Poly.hipnc

As packed prims are points, you can actually use all POP forces directly piped into the bullet solver - then you can take any object, use a facet to slit the primitives, extrude them just a tad, then pack them and pipe them into a bullet sim and drive it all with POP forces. :D

yes, it will great on bullet solver(), but i think it will great on just pops level, because i need it finaly to scale it to zero on each prim follow scale by age of the particle, and at the end, the particle turbulance triggered by noise or color ramp.

i made some test, and made me sweat again.

particle_drive Poly2.hipnc

hello guys, this morning i modified from  Ikoon's example ,its seems work

and i modified the wrangle to keep the rotation to not pop up when it blow, but stuck when need the face to facing velocity direction,

can someone help me with this, and maybe add some random rotation to the particle?

ap_ik_grow_polys_modified_v1.hiplc

i have got from sidefx forum from the dude, called nima, this is great approach, smooth and clean...but still not finding the rotation futures, i tried from other sample using orient attribute, 

but somehow it missing the orient attribute from the dop pops, and my next question, is the polygon will rotate, when the orient was called.

here the file, can some one to fix it..?

particle_drive Poly FIXED2.hipnc